Access to Higher Ed
A to Z of Indian Age of Authoritarian Democracy Communication Effect Communication Skills A Vehicle On The Road Corporate Governance Investing in the Emerging Daily Politics Blog How to Find Democracy at Its Best E Governance Election of the President of Pakistan Five Tips For the Best Queen Friendship and Politics Can They Mix Government Bids Top 10 Tips Government Contract Proposal Writing Tips Handle the Argumentative Communicator and Difficult How Ancient Greek Democracy Worked How Does a Bee Become the Queen If President Obama Were My Patient Ignoring Importance Of Communication Is A Direct Importance of an Effective Community Relations Introduction and Brief History Is President Obama Channeling President Richard Issues Which Are Plaguing Local Self Government In New Jersey Monkey Cage Democracy Moving to Queens New York O P Bhatnagar A Poet Perestroika and Democracy in Russia Political Discourse and Participatory Politics The Ugliest Fascination on Earth Post capitalist Free Market Economy President Barack Obama Must President Bush and Pyramid Numerology Problems In Managing Government Purim Why Did the Womanizer Queen Bee Rearing Queen Hatshepsut Egypts Queen Queen Honeybees Are Made Not Born Queens of Amsterdam Quest for Democracy in Ethiopia Secrets to Becoming a Master Serious Defects in Modern Democracy Seven American Presidents Have Uranus Six Myths of Effective Communication The 2008 Election Results Dysfunctional The Art of Communicating The Government GIP The History of Cornish Independence The Meaning Of Queen The Pope And The President The Role of Government The Significance of the Queen The Top Five US Presidents Top 10 US Presidents True Democracy US Government Sales Marketing US Presidents That Went to Harvard Understanding the Communication Process The Key to Organisational What Is The Best Suitable What is Political Science Where Now For European Why Workplace Politics Charts the Path
Government Bids Top 10 Tips to Blunder-Proof Your Bid
Make sure your government bids and government proposals are practical -- and your government paperwork is perfect. You may write the greatest government bids or proposals in the world, but if you fail to present them in a sophisticated, professional manner, you won't get the government contract.
10 Common Pitfalls to Avoid when Submitting Government Bids or Proposals
1. Using complex language in your government bids and government proposals. Keep your proposal simple and easy to follow. Use easy-to-understand language and avoid long-winded sentences and paragraphs.
2. Submitting a bid on government contracts that will place your current government projects at risk. All too often, businesses submit government proposals or bids they can't fully complete. Before applying for a contract, make sure you possess the skills and resources required to finish the project. Otherwise, you'll find yourself scrambling to meet the contract requirements while your other projects suffer.
3. Not accepting credit cards for payment. Many government agencies now prefer to use merchant credit cards and government purchase cards to buy goods and services. If you don't accept plastic, you may miss out on these government contracting opportunities. Many government contractors are also waking up to the benefits of credit card transactions. Instead of having to fill out detailed paperwork and wait for a check, they receive immediate payment.
4. Pricing an item in incorrect units. Many experts say this is the most common mistake made in submitting a bid. A typical example is submitting a bid on gallons when the request was for quarts. It may seem like a simple error, but it could cost you a government contract.
5. Submitting messy government bids. Just as you wouldn't send a coffee-stained business card to a potential client, you should not submit a proposal that is unprofessional in style or appearance. Before you seal the envelope, double-check your document for typos, blank pages, unnumbered or mis-numbered pages, smudges, rips and poor grammar.
6. Having preconceived notions about what specific government agencies need. Don't knock yourself out of consideration by assuming a government agency doesn't need your products. You never know: the City of Seattle may, in fact, be looking for scuba equipment. Contact the government agency before you decide. Businesses are often pleasantly surprised by what agencies will buy.
All rights reserved
Copyright © 2013 Howard Samuels Center